Improve your Talent Management Strategy.
Research has shown that a multi-dimensional approach to recruitment provides the best results. Assessment results however, if used correctly, can provide invaluable information to be used for a wide variety of strategic objectives.
In order to retain and develop talent, which is a major concern both internationally and in South Africa today, a focused and informed approach is best. Here Assessments can provide important information.
Why use assessments?
- It is a fairly well-known fact that interviewing does not provide a very reliable means of selecting suitable staff.
- By using assessments, we can tap into traits that are not easy to see, improving our evaluation by up to 50%.
- Assessments also provide a fair and standardized method to compare candidates against the job criteria.
- By means of assessment, we can ensure the best match between the individual and the job, which is in the interests of both the applicant and the company.
Are assessments legal?
Assessments are legal, but there are a number of criteria that need to be met, including working with suitably qualified personnel. Assessments should always used in conjunction with other information and exercises, and should never be used in isolation, or be the only basis upon which a decision is taken.
The industry continuously strives to ensure that products are culture fair and applicable to the S.A context through the development of S.A. norms. It is however the responsibility of the organisation to ensure that assessment batteries selected meet their requirements.
Assessments provide a significant return on investment when considering the costs of not assessing. Employing someone not suited for a role can be devastating for the individual (who can lose self-confidence) and for the organisation (which does not have the required output in the role). It is therefore critical to find the most suitable person – role match.
Assessment information which is typically used for recruitment or development can also be used elsewhere in the organisations’ strategic planning, such as:
- Retention Strategies
- Change Management
- Growth Strategy
At times it may be necessary to update the assessment battery or call for additional assessments to those already conducted, depending on the objective of the strategy.
Our service includes:
- On-line web based assessments
- Face to face evaluations
- Candidate feedback
- Written reports and feedback to the organization
- Collaboration on development
- Consultation and training on assessments and intervention strategies
Can we assist you with your Assessments for your team or organisation? Call us today, we would be delighted to talk to you about your needs.